[Crunch2][Tests] Add a diagnostic test to run a container_request based test
- Add a “container_request_test.rb” in workbench/test/diagnostics similar to pipeline_test.rb
- This test would run a process by selecting a “bwa-mem.cwl workflow”
- Configuration options to provide the workflow uuid and user token
Note: Currently this test can only be executed in 9tee4 environment
#3 Updated by Radhika Chippada almost 5 years ago
- Added workbench/test/diagnostics/container_request_test.rb
- The test executes the workflow uuid(s) configured in the "diagnostics" section
- Obviously, this requires a Crunch2 environment, hence currently this test can be used in 9tee4 environment
- To aid testing, in 9tee4 environment, I added an "Arvados tutorial" public project and added the tutorial CWL workflow. This can be used to configure the diagnostics test in jenkins
- To review using 9tee4 environment:
1. Add the following to your workbench application.yml file
diagnostics: secret_token: nicelongrandomlygeneratedsecrettoken arvados_workbench_url: https://workbench.9tee4.arvadosapi.com user_tokens: active: yourtokengoeshere container_requests_to_test: container_request_1: workflow_uuid: 9tee4-7fd4e-tyhlr6qigdl7oel input_paths:  max_wait_seconds: 300
2. Use the following command to run:
RAILS_ENV=diagnostics bundle exec rake TEST=test/diagnostics/container_request_test.rb
#5 Updated by Lucas Di Pentima almost 5 years ago
Just a small comment: Should the pipeline diagnostics test be updated as the container request regarding the assertion of the "Pause" button?
Ran the diag test locally (on OSX didn't work, started Firefox and got a timeout 60secs later, worked on Virtualbox) and got the "Timeout" error:
1) Error: ContainerRequestTest#test_run_container_request:_container_request_1: Timeout::Error: execution expired test/diagnostics_test_helper.rb:21:in `visit_page_with_token' test/diagnostics_test_helper.rb:73:in `block in wait_until_page_has' test/diagnostics_test_helper.rb:71:in `wait_until_page_has' test/diagnostics/container_request_test.rb:46:in `block (2 levels) in <class:ContainerRequestTest>' test/test_helper.rb:299:in `run'
... so it's all good until 9tee4 get it's env updates.
#10 Updated by Nico César over 4 years ago
radika take a look at
apps/workbench/app/controllers/work_units_controller.rb: attrs['command'] = ["arvados-cwl-runner", "--local", "--api=containers", "/var/lib/cwl/workflow.json#main", "/var/lib/cwl/cwl.input.json"]
where is that /var/lib/ referring to? ... this is failing