[Composer] Chrome silently suppresses window.open() when using "run" button
(Total: 0.00 h)
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Status changed from In Progress to New
- Assigned To set to Peter Amstutz
- Assigned To changed from Peter Amstutz to Lucas Di Pentima
Chrome's policy is to only open popups if the call to window.open() is directly on the call stack of an input event. The problem is, this doesn't play nicely with the deferred execution strategy used everywhere in Composer. One option is to create a modal dialog with a link "click here to go to workbench" link.
- Target version changed from 2018-01-17 Sprint to 2018-01-31 Sprint
Rather than doing an ajax request (or whatever the async procedure is) that opens a Workbench window in its success callback, would it work to immediately open a window that starts the async procedure and then redirects to Workbench on success?
- Assigned To changed from Lucas Di Pentima to Peter Amstutz
- Target version changed from 2018-01-31 Sprint to 2018-02-14 Sprint
The workaround here is to provide clickable link in the "execution" panel which opens a new window, so if window.open() is suppressed the user can still easily get to the container request.
Change in note-11 was made in commit:cf8b76c9a983de933fc6ffb934d9732c2a2bf0e7
- Status changed from New to Resolved
Also available in: Atom