As a CWL learner, I would like to be able to run CWL workflows easily on playground
https://www.commonwl.org/user_guide/ exists, but we need to bridge the documentation and feature gap between the generic documentation and arvados specific usage.
I am writing CWL from scratch¶
User wants to write CWL online, using Arvados Composer.
- Documentation / user guide using Composer
- User wants to assemble workflow from existing components, need a registry of tools / subworkflows
- Add metadata to "workflows" table
- GA4GH Tool Registry Service (TRS) / Dockstore
- From Composer, user needs to be able to import Docker images or build from Dockerfiles: #11724
I am bringing CWL I developed on my workstation¶
If user is git savvy, can commit to git and push to Arvados-hosted git repo (see next).
If user is not git savvy, provide convenient way to upload files in Composer. Possibly drag-and-drop or "add local file" in Composer which adds file to git. (User can already kind of do this manually by copy-and-paste.)
- Creating new git repo is slow due to cron job latency (takes time for repo to appear after arvados record is created).
I am bringing CWL that I have in a git repository¶
Currently: need to push to Arvados-hosted git repo.
Want Arvados-hosted repo to mirror another repo (github, bitbucket) so that user can push to that one and have it show up in Arvados.
- Need mirroring service / synchronization strategy
- Need UI to set it up