[Workbench2] View/copy/expunge previous versions of a collection
- view/star/bookmark the selected version of the collection (name, description, files, etc. as they appeared after the update)
- preview/download the files as they appeared in the selected version (if the data blocks still exist)
- copy the selected version into a new collection (if the data blocks still exist)
- release the storage consumed by the data blocks (if the site is configured to allow this)
When searching collections, the user should have an option to include non-current versions in the results.The site admin should be able to control
- whether collection version history is retained at all
- if so, whether the data blocks for the old version are retained
- if so, whether users are allowed to drop the retained data blocks for old versions of a collection
#3 Updated by Tom Morris about 1 year ago
When searching collections, the user should have an option to include non-current versions in the results -- at least when searching by PDH.
Including old versions should always be an available search option (off by default). I'm not sure why it's restricted to searches by PDH.
"Data blocks" is an implementation detail. From the user's point of view, there's just data and metadata.
It feels like we may want a version number which users can easily use to reference a particular version of a collection, rather than forcing them to rely on dates or logical UUID chains.
#8 Updated by Lucas Di Pentima 10 months ago
- Update the collection view to show version list (using a dropdown widget?) and allowing the user to select another version of the collection
- URL for previous versions:
- On previous versions, the “Copy to project…” button may be replaced by “Copy as new version…”. The “Move collection…” shouldn’t appear
- On previous versions, the “Upload” tab shouldn’t exist & file list should be read-only. The lock button isn’t necessary.
- On previous versions, name & description can’t be edited. Should “Sharing and permissions” pane appear?