Nodemanager reads instance sizes from the system config file to avoid duplication
Both crunch-dispatch-slurm and nodemanager need to a list of configured node sizes. Currently, this information is duplicated in both the nodemanager config file as the master arvados config.yml. To eliminate duplication nodemanager should read the node size configurations, and possibly the rest of its configuration, from the master arvados config.yml.
#2 Updated by Lucas Di Pentima 9 months ago
- As described on https://dev.arvados.org/projects/arvados/wiki/Cluster_configuration, ProviderType attribute would be the same as the newly implemented instance_type on nodemanager. I think neither GoSDK nor dispatchcloud need to know about it, at least for now as the only user would be nodemanager.
- Reading nodemanager’s cloud sizes from config.yml seems to be pretty straightforward.
- Should we add a section about nodemanager’s specific configs on this story or leave that for another?
- Cloud settings & credentials.
- Daemon values (max nodes, poll time, dispatcher, etc).
- Logging levels.
- If going the hybrid path of having nodemanager’s config temporarily spread in 2 configuration files, should we ignore arvados-node-manager.ini’s cloud sizes?
- Update nodemanager docs, possibly adding a migration guide.