Project

General

Profile

Actions

Story #14841

closed

Link from Workbench 2 to Workbench 1

Added by Tom Morris about 5 years ago. Updated almost 5 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assigned To:
Category:
-
Target version:
Start date:
02/14/2019
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
(Total: 0.00 h)
Story points:
0.5
Release relationship:
Auto

Subtasks 1 (0 open1 closed)

Task #14843: Review 14841-link-workbench1 in arvados-workbench2ResolvedPeter Amstutz02/14/2019

Actions

Related issues

Related to Arvados - Story #14794: Link from Workbench 1 to Workbench 2ResolvedLucas Di Pentima02/22/2019

Actions
Actions #1

Updated by Tom Morris about 5 years ago

  • Related to Story #14794: Link from Workbench 1 to Workbench 2 added
Actions #2

Updated by Peter Amstutz about 5 years ago

14841-link-workbench1 @ commit:ff8e417f63a58fb1a44ab89ce3c93d1a91828619

Add link to workbench v1

Add a reducer that holds discovery document config, to read workbenchURL & for future things that need cluster config.

Projects, collections and "processes" are routed to equivalent page on wb1, rest are sent to entry page.

Actions #3

Updated by Eric Biagiotti about 5 years ago

Currently getting an error when clicking the link (https://workbench.c97qk.arvadosapi.com/projects/9tee4-tpzed-dwg8zzn53khc6ij)

 undefined method `uuid' for nil:NilClass.

Are there some things I need to do in order to test this properly?

Also, it might be worth adding a config-reducer test.

Actions #4

Updated by Peter Amstutz about 5 years ago

Eric Biagiotti wrote:

Currently getting an error when clicking the link (https://workbench.c97qk.arvadosapi.com/projects/9tee4-tpzed-dwg8zzn53khc6ij)

[...]

I think that is a workbench bug, but you're running into it because you are not logged in. Now it passes the api_token along so you will be logged into the same account with the same credentials.

Are there some things I need to do in order to test this properly?

Also, it might be worth adding a config-reducer test.

It is so simple, I'm not really sure what to test.

14841-link-workbench1 @ c74d94dabd5f66bc948f9a9ed6283cdb59fb392b

Actions #5

Updated by Eric Biagiotti almost 5 years ago

Peter Amstutz wrote:

Eric Biagiotti wrote:

Currently getting an error when clicking the link (https://workbench.c97qk.arvadosapi.com/projects/9tee4-tpzed-dwg8zzn53khc6ij)

[...]

I think that is a workbench bug, but you're running into it because you are not logged in. Now it passes the api_token along so you will be logged into the same account with the same credentials.

The link to wb1 now acknowledges that I am logged but gives me an inactive account notification. If this is a separate issue, then this story LGTM.

Actions #6

Updated by Peter Amstutz almost 5 years ago

Eric Biagiotti wrote:

Peter Amstutz wrote:

Eric Biagiotti wrote:

Currently getting an error when clicking the link (https://workbench.c97qk.arvadosapi.com/projects/9tee4-tpzed-dwg8zzn53khc6ij)

[...]

I think that is a workbench bug, but you're running into it because you are not logged in. Now it passes the api_token along so you will be logged into the same account with the same credentials.

The link to wb1 now acknowledges that I am logged but gives me an inactive account notification. If this is a separate issue, then this story LGTM.

It looks like you logged in as a federated user (from 9tee4) to c97qk, and the federated user is inactive on c97qk. This might actually be a workbench2 bug, because if you are inactive, you can't really do anything, and the workbench2 UI should tell you that. I'll investigate.

Actions #7

Updated by Peter Amstutz almost 5 years ago

14841-link-workbench1 @ e677489047822fed2dcd48d904ccc46fae5b1615

  • Adds inactive user mode
  • Always reload user record on page initialization, so we don't use stale information (like whether the user is active or not)
Actions #8

Updated by Peter Amstutz almost 5 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved
Actions #9

Updated by Tom Morris almost 5 years ago

  • Release set to 15
Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF