[arvados-dispatch-cloud] loopback driver
The loopback driver implements cloud.Driver by presenting a fake cloud in which
- Instances() returns a single instance named "localhost"
- Create() fails
- Destroy() fails
- Instance address points to an SSH server (brought up by the driver) that accepts the dispatcher's key and executes shell commands
Using the loopback driver will involve some special configuration.
- InstanceTypes should be configured with a single instance type, with the host's RAM/CPU specs
When combined with #14922 this should make crunch-dispatch-local redundant.
This will also facilitate an arvados-dispatch-cloud integration test that uses the real crunch-run program instead of a stub. This might involve a few other changes, like a configurable location for lockfiles.
It's okay that this will be useless until #14922 is implemented, because it will also make #14922 easier to test.
- Related to Feature #14922: [crunch-dispatch-cloud] Run multiple containers concurrently on a single VM added
- Related to Story #13908: [Epic] Replace SLURM for cloud job scheduling/dispatching added
- Target version changed from To Be Groomed to 2021-03-31 sprint
- Target version changed from 2021-03-31 sprint to 2021-04-14 sprint
- Description updated (diff)
- Target version changed from 2021-04-14 sprint to 2021-05-26 sprint
Also available in: Atom