Propose redesign of process view based on feedback
From engineering meeting 2020-12-09:
- Project view has toggle compact/expanded mode in the project display, which displays the contents of the detail panel in a "fat" (tall) row and closes the "info" side panel.
- When in "compact" project view, clicking on a row automatically opens the "info" side panel.
- Fix the process details so that it is consistent between the details panel, the "fat" row, and the main process panel.
- Show duration of running processes or total time of completed/failed processes
- Add "cancel" to action menu for processes, remove the button
- "Edit process" action should be "Edit name/description"
- Add "Open in new tab" action for processes
- Project view should display / support sorting by both "creation" and "modification" time
- Process view should show any errors and warnings from runtime_status (this is the only way to know what's happening when "constraints not satisfiable" cancels your container!)
#32 Updated by Lucas Di Pentima 6 months ago
- File Workbench2 Process UI improvements.pdf Workbench2 Process UI improvements.pdf added
- File WB2 Process View.epgz WB2 Process View.epgz added
Ok, so after many iterations I think I came up with something useful.
For the UI mocks I used an open source app called "Pencil", I think it's java based and works fairly well. I'm attaching the Pencil document file (.epgz) for anyone who wants to fiddle with it. The app can be downloaded here: http://pencil.evolus.vn
I've started a Google document for review (and also attaching a PDF version) here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y_XddP9NDziJRYvd8csvmom1ONgetGhbHPbfv3HxaxQ/edit?usp=sharing
#45 Updated by Lucas Di Pentima 10 days ago
- File Process View v2 - Overview + steps.png Process View v2 - Overview + steps.png added
- File Process View v2 - Logs maximized.png Process View v2 - Logs maximized.png added
- File Process View v2 - Inputs.png Process View v2 - Inputs.png added
These are the partially completed mockups for the "desktop metaphor" approach that we last talked about.