Add a "Copy to Clipboard" Button for the token
Users setting up their shell for accessing the Arvados API always need to copy their tokens from the dialog. A little simplification could be to provide a button to copy the token snippet into clipboard.
#3 Updated by Daniel Kutyła about 1 year ago
New version: https://dev.arvados.org/projects/arvados/repository/arvados-workbench2/revisions/2ee1db29750704c6cd381483c44c98c6cff656e0
Test run: https://ci.arvados.org/view/Developer/job/developer-tests-workbench2/70/
Added copy to clipboard button for the api token
#4 Updated by Lucas Di Pentima about 1 year ago
- Please take note that some tests on Jenkins failed.
- When I tried to start it with
yarn start, I got an error message:
Failed to compile. /Users/lucas/Devel/git/arvados-workbench2/src/views-components/current-token-dialog/current-token-dialog.tsx (56,37): Unnecessary semicolon
- There're several unrelated changes on this commit, were those on purpose? Maybe there's some automatic tool making them on your IDE, just wanted point that out.
#5 Updated by Daniel Kutyła about 1 year ago
New version: https://dev.arvados.org/projects/arvados/repository/arvados-workbench2/revisions/27f1790ada926f4c9f8a2bd23909cb1490528b3a
Test run: https://ci.arvados.org/view/Developer/job/developer-tests-workbench2/72/
Removed not required semicolon
#6 Updated by Lucas Di Pentima about 1 year ago
- Assigned To set to Daniel Kutyła
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- The env vars text box now show some lines indented instead of all being aligned to the left.
- The ticket’s description mentions easing the users’ worflow when they try to access a shell node, but the button only copies the token and not the entire set of environment variables that the users need to paste on their shell session.
- The test checks for a snackbar to appear instead of the main desired effect (data on clipboard). I’ve checked and it seems that a Clipboard API is in the works and already has some browser support, maybe it can be used to write a test that checks the correct data is being copied to the clipboard: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Clipboard_API
- If the entire text box is what is needed to be copied, the button's label could say "COPY TO CLIPBOARD" instead of "COPY API TOKEN"
#8 Updated by Daniel Kutyła about 1 year ago
New version: https://dev.arvados.org/projects/arvados/repository/arvados-workbench2/revisions/bbcdcd7b7582b43ca4853e436df383ff9dda465a
Test run: https://ci.arvados.org/view/Developer/job/developer-tests-workbench2/75/
Added copy of full token, made tests more realistic
Please check in git cli I do not know why but diff does not show any changes here
#10 Updated by Daniel Kutyła about 1 year ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
Applied in changeset arvados-workbench-2:arvados-workbench2|61c27319e0c16b865ae381c086b61f738bb57354.