Single node salt install improvements
From discussion 7 January 2021
- Instead of arva2, choose a random cluster id or get one from the user
- Instead of using arva2.arv.local the provision script should use the host's FQDN or get the hostname from the user
- To avoid the need for virtual hosts, put workbench (1 or 2) on the https port and put other services on alternate ports
- Confirm that running the provision script on an basic EC2 instance results in an arvados install with a workbench that can be logged into & can run stuff
#8 Updated by Javier Bértoli 2 months ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 80
Uploaded code, commit dda765028@arvados, branch 17246-salt-install-improvements.
The script expects the user to create a
local.params file where these parameters can be set.
Added support to specify individual 'arvados roles' to deploy to a node, allowing to use this script to do a multi-hosts deploy.
#17 Updated by Lucas Di Pentima 20 days ago
Reviewing 6587faf - branch
Tried to follow the instructions for a single host / single hostname install by creating a new debian 10 VM.
- In file
doc/install/salt.html.textile.liquidthere's a mention of arvados-formula URL from the arvados repo, but in the
README.mdfile still points to the saltstack-formulas repo.
- There's a typo at
doc/install/salt-single-host.html.textile.liquidline 40: 'asigning'
- Instructions say to run the
provision.shscript without any param, but I found that I needed to add
-c local.paramsfor it to run. At least I think the script should error out when the CONFIG_FILE var is empty string instead of just trying to run
- Eventually I got the following error:
... [INFO ] Fetching file from saltenv 'base', ** done ** 'arvados/dispatcher/service/file.sls' [INFO ] Fetching file from saltenv 'base', ** done ** 'arvados/dispatcher/service/running.sls' local: Data failed to compile: ---------- No matching sls found for 'nginx.passenger' in env 'base' + '[' xyes = xyes ']' + echo 'Removing .psql file' Removing .psql file + rm /root/.psqlrc + '[' x = xyes ']' + echo 'Copying the Arvados CA certificate to the installer dir, so you can import it' Copying the Arvados CA certificate to the installer dir, so you can import it + '[' x = xyes ']' + cp /etc/ssl/certs/arvados-snakeoil-ca.pem /home/lucas/arvados/tools/salt-install/lucas.arvados.local-arvados-snakeoil-ca.pem cp: cannot stat '/etc/ssl/certs/arvados-snakeoil-ca.pem': No such file or directory + '[' x = xyes ']'