Project

General

Profile

Actions

Story #18702

closed

Document how to do maintenance and upgrades on clusters installed with salt installer

Added by Peter Amstutz about 1 year ago. Updated 11 months ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assigned To:
Category:
Deployment
Target version:
Start date:
02/16/2022
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
(Total: 0.00 h)
Story points:
-
Release relationship:
Auto

Subtasks 1 (0 open1 closed)

Task #18707: ReviewResolvedJavier Bértoli02/16/2022

Actions

Related issues

Has duplicate Arvados - Story #18705: install documentation explains how to maintain the cluster after you've used the salt installerResolvedWard Vandewege

Actions
Actions #1

Updated by Peter Amstutz about 1 year ago

  • Assigned To set to Ward Vandewege
Actions #2

Updated by Peter Amstutz 12 months ago

  • Target version changed from 2022-02-16 sprint to 2022-03-02 sprint
Actions #3

Updated by Peter Amstutz 12 months ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress
Actions #4

Updated by Ward Vandewege 12 months ago

ready for review at d4e10c0482b28a1c2fb7ef48e69a673d2c6ea15a on branch 18702-document-upgrades

Actions #5

Updated by Javier Bértoli 12 months ago

All the references to configuration centralization refer to https://doc.arvados.org/v2.1 but the last one in file doc/admin/upgrading.html.textile.liquid, which refers to https://doc.arvados.org/v2.0. Is that intentional?

-Arvados is migrating to a centralized configuration file for all components.  During the migration, legacy configuration files will continue to be loaded.  See "Migrating Configuration":config-migration.html for details.
+Arvados is migrating to a centralized configuration file for all components.  During the migration, legacy configuration files will continue to be loaded.  See "Migrating Configuration":https://doc.arvados.org/v2.0/config-migration.html for details.

Other than that, it LGTM.

Actions #6

Updated by Peter Amstutz 12 months ago

I gave it a quick look, the one thing I noticed was that the "Upgrading" page has a section on "general process" with 6 steps and then the new "Maintenance and upgrading" has its own 4 steps. It does refer to the 1st one but it isn't exactly clear how the two checklists should mesh. Seems like that could be consolidated into one set of steps in one place?

Actions #7

Updated by Ward Vandewege 12 months ago

Javier Bértoli wrote:

All the references to configuration centralization refer to https://doc.arvados.org/v2.1 but the last one in file doc/admin/upgrading.html.textile.liquid, which refers to https://doc.arvados.org/v2.0. Is that intentional?

[...]

Other than that, it LGTM.

Ah, good catch, I fixed that in 09c022661e08acbb560b4969f1127012d987b94e

Actions #8

Updated by Ward Vandewege 12 months ago

Peter Amstutz wrote:

I gave it a quick look, the one thing I noticed was that the "Upgrading" page has a section on "general process" with 6 steps and then the new "Maintenance and upgrading" has its own 4 steps. It does refer to the 1st one but it isn't exactly clear how the two checklists should mesh. Seems like that could be consolidated into one set of steps in one place?

Oh, yeah, good point. I've done this in 70d4cba7d4aef3063fb549a77b45951c339cc57c on branch 18702-document-upgrades

Actions #9

Updated by Peter Amstutz 12 months ago

Ward Vandewege wrote:

Peter Amstutz wrote:

I gave it a quick look, the one thing I noticed was that the "Upgrading" page has a section on "general process" with 6 steps and then the new "Maintenance and upgrading" has its own 4 steps. It does refer to the 1st one but it isn't exactly clear how the two checklists should mesh. Seems like that could be consolidated into one set of steps in one place?

Oh, yeah, good point. I've done this in 70d4cba7d4aef3063fb549a77b45951c339cc57c on branch 18702-document-upgrades

this LGTM, thanks

Actions #10

Updated by Ward Vandewege 12 months ago

  • Has duplicate Story #18705: install documentation explains how to maintain the cluster after you've used the salt installer added
Actions #11

Updated by Ward Vandewege 12 months ago

Peter Amstutz wrote:

Ward Vandewege wrote:

Peter Amstutz wrote:

I gave it a quick look, the one thing I noticed was that the "Upgrading" page has a section on "general process" with 6 steps and then the new "Maintenance and upgrading" has its own 4 steps. It does refer to the 1st one but it isn't exactly clear how the two checklists should mesh. Seems like that could be consolidated into one set of steps in one place?

Oh, yeah, good point. I've done this in 70d4cba7d4aef3063fb549a77b45951c339cc57c on branch 18702-document-upgrades

this LGTM, thanks

Thanks, merged!

Actions #12

Updated by Ward Vandewege 12 months ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved

Applied in changeset arvados-private:commit:arvados|a9ffac64364fafe598c1e6af0468b9139cdd8083.

Actions #13

Updated by Peter Amstutz 11 months ago

  • Release set to 49
Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF