log viewer improvements
I'm using it to monitor the 2.4 test run.
It's pretty great. I particularly like that when I've just started a workflow, the log panel is empty, but as soon as it starts running the logs start showing up, this gives good feedback.
- bug: If you start from empty, and then it starts logging stuff, the "All logs" dropdown won't populate with the other log streams until you reload the panel
- It would be nice if it started at the bottom and followed scroll by default, or had a button to do that
- An option to show only crunch-run, stdout and stderr would be really great. If it was default, even better.
- Can we make clickable links (PDHs and uuids) open in a new tab? It's annoying if I click on a link and when I come back to the panel I've lost all my UI state (like the scroll position).
- Clickable link color is too dark against the black background
Bigger things (from conversation):
- Logs for completed containers should be read from the log collection
- Text search would be really great