- controller runs an outgoing mailer goroutine
- config file has configuration information to connect to an SMTP server
Things users are interested in (should be able to check a box that says "notify me"):
- A thing has been shared with you
- A workflow has completed/failed
- Something in a project changed
- A collection changed
Should we use the existing websocket code for event management?
Currently don't care about queuing -- for email, it's already asynchronous. In the future we might want to keep track of undelivered messages for the Workbench 2.
Do Prometheus alerts make sense as a event delivery mechanism?