[Workbench] Pipeline template can specify a search string to restrict choices shown in collection chooser dialog
#1 Updated by Tom Clegg almost 6 years ago
- Subject changed from Pipeline template can specify a list of filename extensions to restrict choices shown in collection chooser dialog to Pipeline template can specify a search string to restrict choices shown in collection chooser dialog
- Story points changed from 2.0 to 1.0
#5 Updated by Brett Smith almost 6 years ago
I would like to understand better:
- How does a specified limit restrict the Collections chosen? Does Workbench show every Collection with at least one matching file? Every Collection where all the files match? Every Collection that has exactly one file that matches?
- Should the component be able to specify more than one limit? If so, do we AND or OR those limits?
- What format(s) do we want to support for limits? Simple strings, shell globs, regular expressions, something else?
#6 Updated by Tom Clegg almost 6 years ago
This story is just a channel between the pipeline author and the search box in the collection chooser: the desired search behavior is "whatever the collection chooser would do if you typed that string in the search box yourself".
Making better search operators is a worthwhile but separate story. As the search box becomes more capable, that benefit will automatically extend to this scenario. But we can play with it on the Workbench side. I don't want to overthink this before we have some more real-life examples. (Then I'll want to overthink it.)