[Tests] When comparing pipelines, the graph should highlight the differences by using different colors for pipeline A/B/both.
#1 Updated by Brett Smith over 4 years ago
- Subject changed from Compare pipeline instances looks wrong to [Workbench] Compare pipeline instances looks wrong
- Category set to Workbench
- Target version set to Bug Triage
#4088 might resolve this when it gets merged soon. Let's double-check after that and see if there are any outstanding issues.
#3 Updated by Jonathan Sheffi over 4 years ago
Mmm, the link I provided in the bug is definitely prettier, but doesn't seem to actually be comparing... Can Bryan test?
#10 Updated by Phil Hodgson about 4 years ago
Comments from Tom:
Basically you run a pipeline, then you run it again with some
parameter changed, and you see whether that actually changed your
outputs. Or: you don't remember which parameter/input you changed, so
you compare the two pipelines and it's obvious from the graph where
the two versions start to diverge.
On the "compare" tab you can see the verifyBamID component is
different in some way. This should be apparent on the graph as well:
there should be two distinct graph nodes representing verifyBamID
jobs, and they should be coloured differently than the rest of the job
nodes (all of which are equivalent in the two pipelines).
(This used to work -- there was a legend "pipeline A, pipeline B,
both" -- but currently it looks like it's been lost completely.)
#11 Updated by Tom Clegg about 4 years ago
4358-graph-not-comparing @ 84b8801 looks good. Example in note-3 renders properly for me. Please merge.
I think we should add a test case before closing the issue, though. (Can we search the SVG graph with the usual Capybara finders, or is this going to get complicated on us?)
#14 Updated by Tom Clegg about 4 years ago
- Subject changed from [Workbench] When comparing pipelines, the graph should highlight the differences by using different colors for pipeline A/B/both. to [Tests] When comparing pipelines, the graph should highlight the differences by using different colors for pipeline A/B/both.
- Category changed from Workbench to Tests
- Status changed from In Progress to New
- Assigned To deleted (