[Workbench] Replace e-mail address in menu bar with user icon and make sure bread crumbs are visible in small window sizes
not a huge deal, but happens whenever I split my laptop screen (1600x900) in half vertically and was a little disconcerting for a second. screenshot attached.
#1 Updated by Brett Smith almost 7 years ago
- Subject changed from projects/breadcrumb taskbar gets hidden under purple top taskbar when window is small to [Workbench] Projects/breadcrumb taskbar gets hidden under purple top taskbar when window is small
- Assigned To deleted (
- Target version set to Arvados Future Sprints
#6 Updated by Radhika Chippada over 6 years ago
- As noted by Nancy in note #3, the app switches to mobile view now and the mobile menu is displayed.
- Dashboard and Home project are still accessible
- Dashboard: The top nav text "curoverse beta" is clickable (as in regular display) and takes the user to dashboard when clicked.
- Clicking on the mobile menu -> email address -> opens up the manage menu options and you will find the Home link there (as in regular view).
- Is the mobile menu when opened confusing? The settings and Help menu use fa icons, but the manage menu uses the user's email address as drop-down menu link. Does adding an icon next to the email address help see this menu more clearly? Right now, it may be hard to observe that the email address is a drop down menu option in small display. Alternatively, we might want to just change this manage account menu to use an icon like others and display the email address in plain text?
#8 Updated by Ward Vandewege over 6 years ago
- Subject changed from [Workbench] Projects/breadcrumb taskbar gets hidden under purple top taskbar when window is small to [Workbench] Replace e-mail address in menu bar with user icon
This will also solve the overlay problem (menu bar makes breadcrumbs bar invisible) between main and mobile view.
#11 Updated by Radhika Chippada over 6 years ago
- Breadcrumbs are now visible in the page even when it small
- The breadcrumbs do disappears as you keep reducing the page size gradually at one point. This is because the site name in development (arvados workbench (dev)). This does not happen when "curoverse beta" is used and hence I ignored this as a non-issue
- Add drop-down menu indicator (caret) for Settings and Help menus as well. It did not look correct to have it for My account menu but not the others. It looks much better now and is more intuitive.
- Updated tests as needed to look for my account menu than email address.