[arv-mount] Change default mount type from "fuse" to "fuse.arvados"
sshfs publishes its mounts as type
fuse.sshfs. It would be cool if arv-mount published its mounts as
fuse.arvados or something else recognizable by default, so they're easier to find and manipulate with
mount -t and other Unix tools.
- default to "fuse.arvados"
- allow changing to just "fuse" by passing
--subtype ""(in case someone needs to get back to the old behavior for some reason)
#2 Updated by Tom Clegg over 3 years ago
5036-arv-mount-type @ fa8c5cdb36fa89af92087d6465b207d65ffc9618 adds a "--subtype FOO" arg, which makes the filesystem type show up as "fuse.FOO".
This won't change any existing setups, but once it's widely deployed we can start taking advantage of it in crunch-job, crunch-run, etc., and consider changing the default too.
#5 Updated by Tom Clegg about 3 years ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
- Subject changed from [FUSE] Provide a unique mount subtype to [arv-mount] Change default mount type from "fuse" to "fuse.arvados"
- Description updated (diff)
- Category changed from Keep to FUSE
- Assigned To deleted (