[Documentation] Top Navbar of docs homepage not suitable for small window
Remove reference to as yet non-existant compute node setup page.
#3 Updated by Tom Clegg over 5 years ago
Debatably the problem is that there are too many top nav elements.Suggest
- Merge the nearly-useless "Admin Guide" content into the "Install" section
- Call the merged section heading "Install" (drop "Guide")
- Add the existing admin cheat sheet page to the Install section ("Setting up new users"?)
- Update the cheat sheet so it also tells you to use Workbench → Users → Setup for adding users, VMs, and repos.
- Rename "SDK Reference" to "SDKs"
- Rename "API Reference" to "API"
#7 Updated by Tom Clegg over 5 years ago
LGTM, but it exposes an existing bug which you should probably fix:
In #4186, ed4105d added a link to install-compute-node.html (via _config.yml) but didn't add that file. At the time it added a thin invisible link (invisible until you hover it, at least) under "install the crunch dispatcher" in the left nav, which was hard to notice because it looks like a bit of spacing between sections. Now, with bf213b6, the invisible link is noticeable as extra whitespace between "install the crunch dispatcher" and "cheat sheet" items.
Should add the install-compute-node.html.textile.liquid that was missing in #4186, or remove the reference to it in _config.yml.
Aside: yes, we're systematically checking for dead links, but apparently the dead-linked left nav item gets rendered as a link to baseurl instead of the missing page, so as far as linkchecker can tell it's perfectly good.