Bug #5883: migrate to updated oauth
Setup OAuth2 credentials with Google
The OAuth2 needs credentials setup with Google.
From Tom's post: https://arvados.org/blogs/30
Step 1. Tell Google Developer Console how to recognize your web application.¶
- Visit https://console.developers.google.com/project
- Click “Create Project”. Give it a name and ID.
- In the new project, click “APIs” in the “APIs & auth” section in the left nav.
- Find “Google+ API” in the big list and enable it.
- Click “Credentials” in the “APIs & auth” section in the left nav.
- Under OAuth, click the “Create a new Client ID” button. In the dialog:
- Application type: Web application
- Authorized redirect URIs: https://your-app.example.com/google-oauth2.php
- Yes, you can use stuff like “localhost:1234” in both of these fields, for testing.
- Click “Create Client ID”
- You should have a “Client ID for web application” table on the right.
- Copy the client ID and client secret. You’ll need those soon.