"Download the full log" in log tab should show the log in the browser, not download
|Assignee:||Tom Clegg||% Done:|
|Velocity based estimate||-|
"Download the full log" button caused the full job log to appear in the browser window.
Current behavior:"Download the full log" button results in a file download, which (when it's finished) the user can then open with an external application.
- This means more waiting and clicking before the text appears, and clutters the download directory with log files the user never wanted to save locally.
- Generally, these downloaded logs are not formatted that a normal text editor can view it nicely.
"View the full log" button displays the log text in the browser window.
(If there is also a "Download" link too, that's harmless -- but "view" is more important, and the browser has a "save as" feature, and in that sense a "view" button covers both "view" and "download" functionality.)
- Subject changed from "Download the full log" in log tab actually downloads the log to "Download the full log" in log tab should show the log in the browser, not download
- Description updated (diff)
- Category set to Workbench
The download behavior (re)appeared after enabling keep-web in Workbench config.
Could be a config bug or a Workbench bug.
8113-view-full-log changes link text from "Download" to "View".
The behavior change seems to be a deployment issue: we had neither wildcard DNS/TLS nor trust-all-content, so keep-web refused to serve inline content.
When the undesirable "download" behavior happens, this appears in production.log:
Using download link, even though inline content was requested: https://collections.qr1hi.arvadosapi.com/c=acbd18db4cc2f85cedef654fccc4a4d8-3