Arvados job/pipeline generates ClinVar HTML report from VCF
#4 Updated by Abram Connelly almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
I think the best way to go about this is to separate the pipeline into two jobs. The first will produce a JSON output file and the second will take the JSON file and create an HTML page. I guess we'll need to duplicate the report in the second job so it's available from the same collection?
The first leg of that pipeline is created and looks to be running successfully. I've based it off of Madeleine's vcf2clinvar. I've used abe.vcf from a project I've created called ClinVar that holds relevant data for this pipeline.
#5 Updated by Abram Connelly almost 4 years ago
I would still like to put these repositories in a GitHub repo to use them instead of using the Arvados Git repo but a test run using the Arvados repos works. The results of running the 'abe.vcf' input file can be seen at:
Original pipeline template:
I've tested the other test VCF and had it run with success.
#6 Updated by Abram Connelly almost 4 years ago
This pipeline along with it's corresponding code has been created and can be reviewed.
Two GitHub repositories have been created:
Where the first generates the JSON report and the second creates the HTML for display. Thought
ClinVarReportHTML doesn't do anything other than copy the relevant portion of the git repo and pass the JSON report data through, I think it's still good to separate the report generation from the report display portions into separate jobs. Though we don't do it here, we could imagine some post processing taking place for presentation and that can be done in the display portion (
A sample run with a pipeline using a test VCF file and using the above two GitHub repos can be found at:
I won't link to it here but the pipeline has also been run with the other test data we've been given.
#7 Updated by Abram Connelly almost 4 years ago
Copied from the review task:
Review code and pipeline:
Based on feedback from #8700, I've added a spinner to the ClinVar report as well.
The following sample run should have the updated changes: