This may not be strictly required for #9043, but since the discussion started in the context of that story, I'm using it as the parent for the time being.
Obviously a team decision in conjunction with Ward, but I've assigned Tom since he's started the investigation.
#1 Updated by Tom Morris about 5 years ago
Semi-random collection o' links:
#5 Updated by Tom Clegg about 5 years ago
- Mithril has technical advantages (speed, simplicity).
- React has a bigger community.
- Efficiently testable, maintainable code.
- Fast (virtual DOM → fast-responding application → enjoyable user experience).
- Views are functions, written in a programming language. (They return virtual DOM elements -- it doesn't help to write them as HTML templates.)
- Possibility of pre-rendering on server side (e.g., using V8).
- Components are just objects -- they aren't tied to some framework class or magic initialization procedure. Better for testing.
- Good concise vdom syntax:
m('.row', m('.col-md-12', 'foo bar'))
1.0 (rewrite) isn't done yet. https://github.com/lhorie/mithril.js/blob/rewrite/README.md
http://polythene.js.org/ is an interesting alternative to the obvious mithril+bootstrap approach.