Use Cases for Workbench¶
Running Workflows¶I want to run a workflow on a collection that exists
- did my workflow run correctly?
- if finished - check status, logs and output
Debugging Workflows¶I have a collection with buggy/suspect results. I need to figure out where in the pipeline the bug crept in.
- any big differences between the different "foo_XX" steps?
- flags passed to the "foo_XX" steps
- logs from one (all?) of the "bar_XX" steps
- docker image metadata (docker image ID, name, version, dockerfile)
Finding Workflows¶I need to find a "good" workflow invocation, and compare it to something that isn't working now
- when did this workflow last succeed?
Getting Collection Lineage¶
I have a collection that is valuable/interesting. I need to review/share/publish how it was generated (tools/versions/options/inputs).
Checking Collection Version¶
I need to find some data, and confirm I'm looking at the right version.
I want to estimate how much money it will cost to run a workflow.
- queued? when will it start?
- taking a long time? how long does it normally take?
- slower than it should be? should I run it with more CPUs, RAM, etc.?
I want to know how long it will take to run my workflow.