Arvados Summit - Fall 2013 » History » Revision 10
Arvados Summit - Fall 2013¶
The Fall 2013 Arvados Summit will take place in Boston on Tuesday, October 22nd, from 1:00 - 5:00pm. Registration is free at [URL].
What is the Arvados Summit?¶
Arvados is a platform for managing and analyzing genomic and biomedical big data. At the summit, we're going to dig in on Arvados by presenting the technology that is working now, showing examples of how to implement it, and discussing in depth what should go into the road map for the next six months.
Join us on October 22nd to help design the future of biomedical informatics!
- When: Tuesday, October 22nd at 1pm
- Where: The Summit will take place in the Innovation District in Boston, close to the Boston Convention Center.
- Welcome: Alexander Wait Zaranek: Chief Scientific Officer, Clinical Future; Director of Infomatics, Harvard Personal Genome Project
- Presentation of Keep Project
- Working session to gather community input on Keep
- Presentation of Crunch Project
- Working session to gather community input on Crunch
- Presentation of Lightning Project
- Working session to gather community input on Lightning
- Pipelines and Applications panel
What is transparent informatics?¶
We think that Arvados fits into a broader industry trend of transparent informatics. As increasingly large and complex datasets are used to deliver routine clinical care and do biomedical research, there is a need for well-integrated systems of software and data that can be used by everyone.
Software can be a "transparent informatics resource" if it provides downloadable source code that is made publicly available under the AGPLv3 / GPLv2 (or any later version) or a compatible license such as Apache 2.0.
Integrated Human Datasets (i.e. sequencing, health, and other biomedical data) can be "transparent informatics resources" if they are in the public domain via the Creative Commons CC0 copyright waiver or an equivalent legal construct; other information (e.g. wikis, scientific articles) available under CC-BY-SA or a compatible license such as CC-BY or CC0.
What is the Arvados Foundation?¶
The Arvados Foundation is dedicated to enabling precision medicine through transparent informatics. Learn more about the foundation at http://arvados.org.
How to register¶
Register for the Fall 2013 Arvados Transparent Informatics Summit for free at [URL].