Container secret mounts » History » Version 2
Tom Clegg, 03/01/2018 02:41 PM
h1. Container secret mounts
This is a proposed modification to [[Containers API]].
Add a "secret_mounts" serialized field to containers and container requests.
"secret_mounts" has the same form and behavior as "mounts", except:
* Only literal content is allowed (kind=text or kind=json)
* Current value is never returned in a container request or container API response
* Current value can be retrieved from a new API (@/arvados/v1/containers/$uuid/secret_mounts@) which must be authenticated by the container's own runtime token
* Never appears in container logs
* Never appears in the Arvados logs table
* Never appears in websocket updates
* Never appears in API server request logs
It is an error for the same key (mount path) to appear in both mounts and secret_mounts. It should not be possible to _commit_ a container request with this error condition, although it might be possible to _save._
A secret_mounts key (path) cannot be
* equal to the container's output path,
* a descendant of the container's output path, or
* an ancestor of the container's output path (currently, this is a moot point because secret mounts are not directories)
For clarity, some ways in which secret_mounts behaves like mounts are:
* Non-identical secret_mounts disqualifies a container for reuse. The mere existence of secret_mounts does not disqualify.
* secret_mounts can be set via container_requests#create and container_requests#update APIs
* secret_mounts cannot be null, but can be an empty hash
* keys of secret_mounts are paths in the container's filesystem, and always begin with "/"