[Workbench] Create and edit pipeline templates
- Quicker to debug pipeline templates (if Workbench is used to run tests)
- Friendlier validation (
arv editfails rudely if JSON syntax is wrong, and doesn't even notice any errors more subtle than that.)
- Textarea with components attribute in JSON format
- "Save" button
- Preview area (probably beside textarea)
- "Update" button refreshes preview pane immediately (greyed out and disabled when already up-to-date or JSON is unparseable)
- When textarea has changed since last AJAX request was initiated, and no input/click events have happened for (say) 1 second, update the preview pane:
- Cancel any AJAX request in progress
- If the textarea content is not parseable, disable the "Update" button, show an alert (
class="alert alert-warning"?) to that effect, and stop
- Grey out the "Update" button and change its text to "Updating..."
- Start AJAX request for preview
ApplicationController#previewmethod (and route
put :preview, on: :member, just for pipeline instances for now) -- much like generic
#update, but doesn't save.
pipeline_templates/_show_chooser_preview.html.erbwith something useful. It should look decent in this preview window and in the generic chooser / search dialog. (The current preview just defers to show_components and looks pretty bad.)
#1 Updated by Tom Clegg over 4 years ago
- Subject changed from [Workbench] User should be able to create and edit pipeline templates in workbench instead of having switch back and forth between workbench and command line. to [Workbench] Create and edit pipeline template components in Workbench.
- Description updated (diff)
- Category set to Workbench
- Story points set to 2.0